Part of Joseph Farah’s Column From World Net Daily
It's time to bring all
I don't know where Code Pink is these days.
I don't know where that anti-war movement went.
I don't understand why the escalation of a war by leadership that cannot define victory is not a problem for more Americans.
In effect, the war against al-Qaida and the Taliban has deteriorated into a police action not much different than the one cops in
- No night or surprise searches;
- Villagers are to be warned prior to searches;
- Afghan National Army or Afghan National Police must accompany US units on searches;
- US soldiers may not fire at insurgents unless they are preparing to fire first;
- US forces cannot engage insurgents if civilians are present;
- Only women can search women;
- Troops can fire on insurgents if they catch them placing an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) but not if insurgents walk away from where the explosives are.
I'm just a little surprised that US soldiers are not required to read suspects their Miranda rights before capture.
Clearly, this is no way to win a war.
We are literally requiring our soldiers to fight with both arms tied behind their backs.
No "surge" is going to help a situation like this.
Barack Obama doesn't want to win. He doesn't even like to use that word. He's simply trying to save face.
In doing so, his actions will result in more deaths of American soldiers – needless, pointless deaths.
This strategy will not work, and he knows it.
Keep in mind, this is the war Obama wanted to fight. This was the conflict he supported from the beginning. Yet, he can't bring himself to fight it to win.
Nothing could be worse for
It's a holding action – one based on his own political re-election schedule rather than on the life-and-death costs to American soldiers and the message he sends to our enemies.
We need out of this war now because our commander in chief is unfit for office and unfit for command.
He alone is ultimately responsible for the rules of engagement that ensure more American deaths on behalf of a losing strategy.
By next year, all Americans will see that
We will be well on the way to being chased out with our tail between our legs.
Like it or not, the war has already come home. That's what attacks like
That's what happens when you decide to fight a war like it's a cop show.