A small mob prevented an assembly of listeners from gathering at the
This latest reinforcement of Canadian activism, which states “What you don’t like, you can unilaterally shut down,” met with these words, many by Ann Coulter:
· Free speech in
· This has never, ever, ever happened before — even at the stupidest American university.
· Since I’ve arrived in Canada, I’ve been denounced on the floor of Parliament — which, by the way, is on my bucket list — my posters have been banned, I’ve been accused of committing a crime in a speech that I have not yet given, I was banned by the student council, so welcome to Canada!
· I would like to know when this sort of violence, this sort of protest, has been inflicted upon a Muslim — who appear to be, from what I’ve read of the human rights complaints, the only protected group in
· An embarrassing day for the
· The spectacle showed just how eroded our Canadian values of free speech have become — especially on university campuses.
· It’s a shame. They claim we’re the intolerant ones, yet they’re the ones who refuse to allow a Conservative speaker to come to campus. That is the definition of intolerance.